Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

My family and I rang in the new year in West Hartford at my girlfriend's house with her family and our good friend Tanner. Audrey and her husband Tim had a wonderful dinner waiting for us. I have to say, Tim's quiche is even better than mine. We played guitar and sang kareokee until the ball was about to drop on Times Square. Then the 9 of us all waited eagerly as the ball began to drop. Nathaniel was in amazment that he was able to stay up "until the next day." At first he didn't believe me. I guess the concept that the day begins in the middle of the night was tough for him. But it helped when I explained the term "midnight." Tanner and Nathaniel basically ran around Audrey's house for 5 hours straight. I feel really bad that her house is now trashed, but in Tim's words, "it was to be expected." So that alleviated some of the guilt.

2009 is a scary year for me. I don't know where I will be working by the end of the year, but then, with this job market, I am sure I am not the only one. What makes me so special?

Anyway, I am excited to post my first post for the NEW YEAR!!! We made it to 2009!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU & YOUR BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!!! I'm so glad you guys had such fun...I miss ya'll!!

What makes you special? My goodness Mo, you're the most intelligent person that I know! Whomever is to hire you will be the luckiest company ever...BEST WISHES TO YOU & I will be praying that you find something wonderful & well deserving;) Whatever you do...PLEASE DON'T MOVE...LOL