Friday, October 2, 2009
21 Things About Penny That Are Not About Down Syndrome
I admit, sometimes I need some inspiration for blog posts (don't we all). So I thought I would post 21 things about Penny that don't have to do with Down syndrome. This is not an original idea to me, but I like to keep it going.
You can read the original to see how she has changed HERE.
**REVISED FOR 2009**
1. She still has cradle cap and she is 29 months old. When will she get rid of this??
2. Penny loves to play "I am going to get you!" A game where she is chased by one of us as she runs and laughs as hard as she can.
3. She loves it when she gets attention from her older brother Nathaniel, but. . .
4. Does not like it when he tries to pick her up or hold her, she prefers his attention while she is in mommy or daddy's arms.
5. Penny will eat anything if it is in tomato sauce. Including vegetables!
6. She likes to lick and kiss things like the wall, the chair, my leg. . .
7. She loves music and likes to dance along.
8. Penny thinks it is funny when she throws food on the floor. It is her way to defy us or something. Now she tries to be sneaky about it though and waits when we are not looking.
9. She likes going "bye-bye in the car." When she hears that phrase she immediately begins to dig for her purse and puts it on and walks to the door.
10. Her feet stink all the time and we have no idea why.
11. She likes to share her food and drink by putting things to my mouth or her daddy's mouth - even when the food is soggy with her saliva.
12. She can say "dog!" when she sees one in a book or on TV; in person, she loves them!
13. Penny has been pretty much sleeping through the night since she was 3 months old (with a few exceptions when she is sick or after her 2ND surgery), but. . .
14. She wakes up a 6 am and we cannot get her to shift her schedule even when we put her to bed later and later.
15. Penny loves Spongebob Squarepants, who doesn't???
16. She hates it when I rub her hair, she is probably afraid I am going to pick at her cradle cap or something! lol.
17. Penny likes to play with tea set and then put the cups and such back in her container.
18. She LOVES her daddy and he will win every time.
19. She has a babysitter that comes over 3 days a week and her grandmother watches Penny 1 day a week.
20. Her favorite word is "Dada!" It is not my favorite word when she yells it over and over again at 6:00am.
21. Her mommy and daddy think she is the cutest little girl in the world!