Monday, February 4, 2008

Cardiology appt today

Penelope had a follow up appointment with her cardiologist today. I was priveledged enough to see a picture of Katie's baby. She is very cute of course. Penelope's appointment, however, was not as I had hoped it would be. Her left branch pulmonary artery is stenotic. Her cardiologist told me that I shouldn't worry even though the artery is only 2/3 the width that it should be. I remember when the cardiologist came from surgery and told Scott and me that the surgery was a huge success; that they found that they were able to work with the existing left pulmonary artery instead of rebuilding that too. I guess I should have known that her surgery news was too good to be true. Ah well, everyone says she is doing remarkably well. She is only 6 weeks out of surgery. Well, hopefully her cardiologsit is right and there is nothing to worry about. Maybe the LPA will grow with her and eventually catch up to the right side. Right. . . On the positive side, my baby is 17 and 3/4 lbs!! She is also 28 and 3/4" That means that, per the CDC statistics, she is in the 95th percentile for height and 50th percentile for weight in the typical kid charts. She is over 95th percentile for both of these in the T21 growth charts. She is trying to learn new things like holding on the edge of a coffee table and sitting on her own.

No comments: