Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I am still a sucker for flattery

Yesterday, I had an awesome time with the kids at the beach at Camp Harkness. I was able to meet up with Holly and Sam as well as Laureen and Stephen. We really missed Melissa and Dillon but I know they wanted to be there. While there, I had a great encounter with an adult with Down syndrome. He was roughy fifty or so. I was outside of the bath house waiting for Nathaniel when he approached us and started talking to Penny, telling her how cute she was and such. He then looked up at me and asked me about her, what her name is and how old she is. So I told him of course. Then he began to talk to Penny again and while motioning up to me he said, "So, are you out having fun with your older sister?" I must admit I was confused at first and then when I realized he was referring to me, I did become a little flushed. I smiled so widely at this man and informed him that, "No, actually, I am her mother." He looked back up at me, then back to Penny, then back to me and said, "Nah, you look to young to be any one's mother!" I gushed again and thanked him for the compliment. He told me he was going off to swim then and we said our goodbyes. Imagine that!


www.flickr.com








maxiak's pix for badge photosetmaxiak's pix for badge photoset


2 comments:

Joanie said...

Woo hoo!!! I bet you loved it!!! Savor the moment!

Melissa said...

SUCH WONDERFUL Pictures Mo! Yes, we did want to be there;)

OMG, you are such a HOT Momma, YOU go girl!