Wednesday, March 5, 2008

DR.'s Appt 3/04

Penny had her 9 month well baby check up on Tuesday. She is a whopping 18 lbs 12 oz at only 9 months!! She is still around 27 and 1/2 inches, and her head circumfrence grew to 40 cm. (4% on the typical chart). Scott is convinced that she says "dada" for him. I have not heard it yet, but she really loves her daddy, so I believe him. She is quite a smart baby. For her 1 year check up we will be having her thyroid checked and we are thinking about doing the check for Ciliac disease at the same time. The recommended screening tests list says that ciliac should be done at 2 years, but I though, why not? Then I started to think about how hard it is to draw blood from her and maybe that is why it is suggested to wait until 2 years. Then. . . I started to think about how ciliac is tested and if she has not been introduced to wheat, will the results be acurate. I mean, doesn't the test just confirm the presence of the body's defense to gluten and if she hasn't had gluten to date, there should be no defenses right? Does anybody know for sure? I have it on the list to call the pedi before the blood draw, but seeing as how I have 2 months, it is not on my priority list.

Right now she has one of those unexplained fevers. She has had it since Wed. morning. We took her back to the doctor on Wednesday afternoon, but all of her glands and canals are clear. Then today I noticed a stinky urine diaper. I'm sure her discomfort is from teething, but what if it is a UTI. Pretty uncommom, but I would hate to have her suffer through something so treatable. We know which antibiotics to put her on, and which ones she is sensative to.

I just want my little Penny pooper to feel better.

No comments: