Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Big Brother

Nathaniel is very nurturing, not sure where he picked that up though. Maybe from Scott? Penelope has been around for 7 months now and Nathaniel is very adamant that he will be marrying Penny when he grows up. Really, he mentions this once a week. Sometimes when he is mad at us he says things like, "Well, we will just have to get rid of you." So today I told Nathaniel that I was going to get rid of him and get a new son. After he laughed at me for saying this, he returned with, "If I'm going, I am bringing Penny with me." What a kid. Before Penny came along, he wanted to marry me. He actually told me when he was 3 that he is "mad at Daddy because I wanted to marry you." This was after he gazed at a wedding photo Scott and I have around the house. If that is not Oedipal than I don'd know what is. I explain to him each time that when he grows up he will probably change his mind, but apparently I am wrong. I will need to get used to that, always being wrong. I know that my mother was never right when I was growing up. Now, Nathaniel thinks that Grandma is always right and I am always wrong. That's ok, I had my chance at being right all the time when I was five.

No comments: